CIRENCESTER PARK POLO CLUB
CONDITIONS of CLUB MEMBERSHIP and POLO TOURNAMENT ENTRY 2023
1. ALL PLAYERS MUST BE MEMBERS OF THE HPA
2. ALL TOURNAMENTS WILL BE PLAYED UNDER HPA RULES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
3. ENTRY FORMS: No entry will be accepted without payment. Please enter via the Cirencester Park Polo Club website or contact the Polo Office.
4. VICTOR & VITRIX LUDORUM TOURNAMENTS: For all Victor & Vitrix Ludorum Tournaments, HPA umpires will be provided for all games.
5. DOMESTIC TOURNAMENTS: Teams will be subject to umpire charges at the end of the tournament.
6. TEAM WITHDRAWAL: Once a team has entered the tournament and the draw has been published, it may not withdraw unless there are exceptional circumstances and the Tournament Committee agrees. Please note, no discounts or refunds will be given should a team withdraw from a match or tournament. Withdrawal of a team from a match or tournament without the permission of the Tournament Committee will be considered as misconduct and may incur a fine.
7. GROUND ALLOCATION: Teams agree to play all games at Cirencester Park Polo Club. Should teams wish to play a game at an alternative location, both teams playing must agree on a suitable location and notify The Club of their wishes 48 hours prior. Please note: All costs associated with the moving of the game with the exception of match staff is at the requested teams expenses.
8. CHANGE OF DATE / TIME: Having obtained permission from the Polo Office a team requiring a change of time will be responsible for seeking the agreement of the other team(s), and will be subject to a charge of any additional match costs.
9. CLASH OF GAMES: When Players have a clash of games, precedence will be given to the higher handicap tournament and an eligible substitute expected as a replacement for the lower handicap tournament.
10. DISPUTES: Decisions made by the Tournament Committee will be final in regard to any dispute.
11. SAFETY ZONES: Spare ponies are only allowed in the designated areas and at the corner of the grounds and are not permitted to change in the safety zones.
12. UMPIRE PONIES: Each team will provide a suitable umpire pony fit for purpose (two per team for 15 goals and above) for each of its matches, saddled as for polo.
13. PRIZE-GIVING: Whenever there is a prize giving/presentation at the end of any match in a tournament, each and every member of the specific two teams are to be ready and present no later than 10 minutes after the end of the match, dressed in team colours, whites and boots. Please note that only players and officials are permitted in the presentation area for prize giving.
14. TROPHIES: The trophy/cup is to be insured by the winning team from the day it is presented until the day that it is presented to the next winning team. The trophy is to be kept clean, in good condition, engraved and returned prior to the start of the tournament. Should the trophy/cup be returned in poor condition and/or not engraved the team shall be billed accordingly to rectify it.
15. PHOTOGRAPHY/RECORDINGS: It is a condition of entry to Cirencester Park Polo Club tournaments that each and every team member agrees without formal formality to:
a. To being photographed and/or recorded by film, video, television cameras and sound equipment at all times when they are present at any event relating to a tournament, whether or not such event takes place at the grounds of Cirencester Park Polo Club;
b. To surrender to all rights in respect of such photographs and recordings.
16. Tournament Draws: All tournaments will be played under HPA Rules unless otherwise stated. Draws will be emailed to team captains and will be available from the Club website.
17. Pony Welfare: All Players and Grooms are to adhere to the Hurlingham Polo Association Polo Pony Welfare Guidelines. Ponies must be offered water to drink; and that studs are removed before leaving the grounds.
18. The Queen Mother Subsidiary Final: This year the Subsidiary Final of The Queen Mother Trophy will be sponsored by The Royal International Air Tattoo on 15th July. The Queen Mother Final will be played as usual as the main game on Ivy Lodge at 3:00pm. The Sunset Subsidiary Final for The Corinium Bowl will be played in front of the guests of RIAT at 7:00pm prior to their evening events. Team captains must ensure their team are aware of the planned time change of the subsidiary final prior to entering the tournament and must attend the prize giving after the game in whites and boots. RIAT has extended a kind invitation to all players and family of the game to join them in their hospitality marquee for the evening after the sunset subsidiary final.
1. The speed limit in the Park is 20 mph.
2. Entrance is via Two Mile Lodge.
3. Car stickers must be fixed to windscreens and prominently displayed.
4. The traffic one-way system must be observed at all times.
PITCHSIDE PICNIC BUBBLES
Refund Policy: Cirencester Park Polo Club regrets to inform customers that refunds for picnic bubbles will not be offered under any circumstances.
Polo Location Disclaimer: While polo is predominantly played on the ground as specified, there might be unforeseen circumstances that necessitate a change in the game’s location. Therefore, please be aware that your bubble may not be situated at Ivy Lodge as originally listed.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PATRON AND/OR THE TEAM CAPTAIN TO ENSURE THAT ALL PLAYERS AND GROOMS IN A TEAM ARE MADE AWARE OF THE ABOVE RULES AND CONDITIONS AND HAVE AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THEM.